About Trilogy Funding
As one of Australia’s leading home loan and property investment experts, Trilogy Funding specializes in helping property investors arrange the right loans with the right structure for long-term property investment success. We have a proven track record helping property investors achieve their goals.
When you want to invest intelligently and avoid the common mistakes that keep many investors from achieving their goals, we can help. We’re property investors, too, and we use the same techniques, tactics, and strategies we recommend to clients. Our primary strategy is helping property investors structure finance for maximum flexibility and control.
Trilogy Investment Property Funding (formerly Loans Approved) has been operating since 2003. We are—and always have been—property investment finance specialists.
We have 18 years’ experience in the finance industry and are currently rated in the top 10 mortgage brokers in Australia. Our national office is in Canberra. We have clients across Australia in Sydney, Melbourne, Brisbane, Adelaide, Perth, Hobart, and many other cities and towns. Clients live in Australia and overseas.
- Top 20 Mortgage Brokers in Australia – 2009
- Top 10 Mortgage Brokers in Australia – 2008
- Top 20 Mortgage Brokers in Australia – 2007
Ed Nixon is the principal and founder of Trilogy Funding. He has been involved in the finance industry since 1991, with 12 years of experience in commercial finance. In early 2003, he began to specialize in mortgage broking–specializing in structuring multiple loans for continued borrowing.
He has become a leading expert in that area, helping his clients produce exceptional results. Two clients from Brisbane acquired 20 properties in three years—using a partnership of trusts.
He has personally settled more than 5,000 loans.
Ed also conducts property finance seminars for property investors and industry groups. Ed and everyone at Trilogy are passionate about property and helping people grow wealth through property.
Trilogy also specializes in providing honest advice. Ed is upfront with clients and will often advise them against buying certain properties that represent poor value—even if it means not closing a loan. Ed only recommends consultants or providers when he is 100% pleased with the service they deliver.
Ed lives in Canberra with his wife and two children. In addition to property, Ed’s passions include snow boarding, mountain biking, rugby, water skiing, and the occasional glass of good red wine. To discover how we can apply our ‘real world’ investment finance expertise to help maximise your property investment success, contact us now or call 1300 657 132.
Trilogy Funding Specialises In Assisting Property Investors Arrange The Right Loans With The Right Structure For Long-Term Investment Success.
5 Ways Trilogy Funding Enables You to Fast-Track the Growth of Your Property Portfolio With Stability and Control
- We Develop An Ongoing Partnership With YouAt Trilogy Funding, we know that being a great property investor means keeping ahead of the game and staying up-to-date with the latest products. That’s why we develop an ongoing partnership with our clients. We review your position every 12 months and suggest any changes that will help you capitalise on opportunities as they arise.
This partnership also involves us providing you with up-to-date property data via Residex reports – either annually or on demand – to help you better realise the current equity position of your portfolio and open up the opportunities that it brings.
Our client, Rick Hughs wanted to purchase another property. However, he had convinced himself that with no available equity, another purchase was simply not possible. That was until he received his annual Residex reports which showed 20% growth on his Katherine property – a property originally bought solely for rental return. This pleasant surprise immediately set the wheels in motion for his next property purchase.
- We Implement A Structure That Gives You More ChoicesThe difference between the right loan structure and the wrong structure can mean the difference between buying when you want to buy and the bank telling you when you can buy.
So it makes sense to ensure you have the right loan structure so that you can do what you want to do, precisely when you want to do it.
The team at Trilogy Funding are experts in ensuring your investment loans are structured to give you maximum flexibility and more control over your assets. We avoid “cross-collateralisation” and “equity lock up” hazards that many banks encourage – and many mortgage brokers simply overlook.
Sydney-based clients, Stephen and Christine Johnston had two properties crossed with ANZ. The bank didn’t want to advance them any additional money, so by assigning the debt to one property and refinancing the other with a new lender, Stephen and Christine were able to proceed with the purchase of their next investment property.
- We Optimise to Keep Pace With Your Property Accumulation TimelineMany property investors feel that the banks slow them down. That’s why we start with the end in mind and see the big picture when we first arrange your finance.
Up front, we seek out the answer questions such as:
- Which loan structures and lenders enable you to access more borrowings when you spot the next property you want to purchase?
- How long until you can purchase the next property?
- How many properties can you purchase in the next five years and what key performance indicators does your portfolio need to reach to ensure this?
Our Adelaide-based client, Kylie Huston accessed the equity in her owner-occupied home to buy 3 investment properties within 6 months.
- We Secure Unadvertised Discounted Rates For YouIf you have substantial borrowings, chances are you can secure a discounted interest rate. But has your lender or broker offered this to you? Have they arranged a special deal for you so that you can minimise your interest holding costs, maximise your cash flow and create availability for future borrowings?
We can and we do!
We have negotiated special rates with lenders for many of our clients who have substantial borrowings and larger portfolios. We do this on a deal-by-deal basis to ensure that we broker the deal that is right for your specific situation.
Our client, Lynette Massey, wished to stay with her current lender for her new property purchase. However, their rates were uncompetitive in the market. Trilogy contacted the existing lender and successfully negotiated for them to match the more competitive rates of other lenders. This created a win-win situation in that the bank got to keep their client, and the client was able to remain where she felt the most comfortable – with a competitive interest rate.
- We Regain Titles And Reduce The Banks’ Stranglehold On Your AssetsAre you in a situation where your current lender has too much security over your assets – putting you at risk? Perhaps you are tied to this lender due to other business interests or an inflexible loan structure?
We can help you regain the titles of these properties to reduce the banks’ stranglehold on your portfolio and better protects your assets.
Our clients, Steve and Natalie Kerr had a 57% Loan to Value Ratio across their portfolio. With one quick fax and a few phone calls to Westpac Bank, they were able to have a property released and a title returned to them. It’s not always that simple, but sometimes it really is.